New 180 Gallon Aquascape Ideas!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Andrew99p, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Andrew99p

Andrew99pValued MemberMember

Hey everyone! Wanted to share my idea, and get some ideas to help me scape my new tank! So currently my idea for the tank is to separate it into three sections. The tank is 72x, 24x, 24x, so if we separate it into three parts, it’s a perfect 24x square! What my idea is, is to build a different terrain types per square. Does that sound like a good idea, of a terrible idea?

I plan on making a canyon kind of terrain, and meadow with an awesome bonsai tree in the middle, and for the third I have no idea! Any opinions or ideas are very appreciated!

2. Rohit mess

Rohit messValued MemberMember

Thats a really big tanka nd a cool idea.
    Some suggestions,
    #1: canyon on both ends (only towards glass side) , with beach sand area in most of middle area, highlighted by a single bonsai tree in centre.

#2: canyon n rocks at one end, jungle in middle and beach in last one. It will look similar to cross section of an island from its center peak to shore. You can add bonsai in the sand beach area , or in the centre of jungle area. In case the bonsai is in jungle it should be tall and loom over the jungle area, like the mega tree of jungle.

#3: island structure in center with plants with sand at both ends. Ofcourse the bonsai will go in center of the island.

#4: what fish you plan to add? Maybe check out the natural habitat of those fish and imitate them with your own customisation added to it.

#5: add a ship. I love a broken tattered shatterd ship. I looked all over lfs in my area and couldn't find what i wanted. So i made one myself. And its fun to watch fish go in and around the gaps of fish.

3. OP
    OP
    Andrew99p

Those are some awesome ideas! I love the idea of a beach in the tank! I plan on doing a large community tank. Full of three or four large types of schooling fish, with cory cats to fill in the bottom areas. I will do some research on tetras and other fish to find a natural habitat to suit them!

4. OP
    OP
    Andrew99p

Do you have any idea on how to do the beach? I’m kinda lost on how to make it look good without fake ornaments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice