New 160 gallon

1. l

luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Hey guys i recently picked up my new 160 gallon. Right now im going to move an oscar and a clownknife into it. SO what else would be some good ideas for it I was going to plan on adding a large pleco so One large Pleco And Oscar and a Clownknife and what else

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Nice tank! I'd get a couple more Oscars personally and no pleco. Plecos make a lot of waste and the large ones don't do much cleaning up.

Why do you have an African Cichlid in there?

3. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Luke, great looking tank.

:animal0068: I have moved your question to the Aquarium Stocking Forum. Cheers, Ryan

4. Brainlady

Brainlady Well Known Member Member

I would put a hollowed out piece of driftwood in there and add a Ghost-Knife fish. They are soooo cool the way they swim side-ways and they grow to around 12 inches long. Really fascinating fish the way it sort of undulates with its fins. I had one in my 120 gallon.... it was a rescue and didn't survive. In a large tank these fish would look just spectacular.

5. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

I BGK wouldn't go well with Oscars or a Clown Knife IMO. They are pretty docile fish.

6. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I would so love to have your tank..... i don't even know where to begin to suggest what to put in there.

7. OP
    OP
    l

luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

hes been getting moved around a lot he was in a 29 gallon that got sold with some cichlids but the guy didnt want him for some reason so i am going to take him up to my LFS and get some "store credit" for some other fish

Good point on the Pleco i think they look nice but my 5 inch in the community tank probally makes 50 percent of the waste so i cant imagine what a large one would do. Hmm i dont know maybe some larger catfish. I know arownas get to big but my LFS loves when people bring in overgrown fish. I have a lot of research to do

8. c

convict15 Valued Member Member

more oscars, convicts, jack dempseys, green terrors, firemouths, the options are endless