new 15 gallon tank

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yeah you should feel special....no one posts nearly this many on my threads. though a lot of the posts you probably could have done without

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
....aren't "shrimp pellets" made out of shrimp? I'm pretty sure those are used to feed fish that eat shirmp. I really don't think feeding shrimp other shrimp is a good idea but I really don't know haha sorry I just thought about that.
I'm not sure I see what the problem is... Shrimp are scavengers. In the wild, they wouldn't care. I don't think they really consider the moral ramifications of cannibalism. I assume you don't like the concept of feeder fish, either?

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yeah i had several shrimp die and the other shrimp were trying to pick at them. so you're right meenu, they don't really care about cannibalism and i think those shrimp pellets might be intended for shrimp...that are pets.

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not sure I see what the problem is... Shrimp are scavengers. In the wild, they wouldn't care. I don't think they really consider the moral ramifications of cannibalism. I assume you don't like the concept of feeder fish, either?
This is true, I didn't think of it. I was just sitting here thinking if they'd actually eat it or not. I forgot the whole scavanger thing for a second. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I would have been sitting here thinking about it for hours.

tom5678

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
yea 64 posts is a lot, my most ever!! (65 now)
and no she isnt a short haired pointer she is a wire haired pointer but she is just wierd. she is not wirey at all,
everyone laughs at her when we say that she is wire haired pointer

well thanks for all of the help with the shrimp, they dont care about eating pieces of other shrimp, so it's all fine
i'll have to add to this thread in a few weeks and tell you what shrimp i get, i'll put some pictures on too.

tom5678

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
hi again,
i went to try and get some shrimps today, but in the garden centre not a fish shop.
in every tank though there were like 3 or 4 dead fish =[ so i didnt get any.
i bought some java moss for the tank but they put the moss into a bag of water, which the fish shop dont usually do. and swimming around in the water were tiny bugs! so i gave the moss back and said i didnt want it.
i was woundering what they were... they looked like little millipedes, maybe 1/2 a centimetre long.

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yikes. i got some moss recently, and they didn't put it in water, just a bag. but when i put it in the aquarium water......something seemed to run out from it...it was very small. i was thinking it could have been a baby shrimp? let's just hope it wasn't some sort of millipede! ewwww. and this came from an aquarium shop. i haven't seen the little thing again...and i have sand in a small tank, so it wouldn't be hard to spot it. hmmmm

tom5678

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
yeah well its the the dead fish in every single tank that worried me more.
there were really nice chichlid tanks with like 3 or 4 dead fish in. and the were like £15-£20 each.
the things in the moss definitely were not baby shrimps. they had more than 6 legs! like 10 legs! hard to tell though because it was so small and in a bag of water.
the fish shop that i go to also put plants just in bags with no water.
ah well no harm done because i didnt take it home. i was just curious.

i am going to the proper fish shop next weekend so ill get some moss and shrimps there.

tom5678

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
hi,
i have just got some new shrimp!
i got 11 crystal red shrimp for the price of 6 because the person at the fish store caught 11 in one go and couldnt be bothered to get them all out of the bag. so they were like 1/2 price . they were 6 for £25 but i got 11 for £25!
i also got one 'odd' shrimp because he was caught too. i dont know what sort he is but he looks blue/grey. i think he is a tiger shrimp but i may be wrong.

i also got some new java moss and got rid of the other moss. what is the best thing to do with the moss because i want it to grow really quickly. should i plant it or get it to grow on some driftwood?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom