New 1000L Goldfish pond

qldmick

Decided to turn this tank of mine into a goldfish pond, plants arrived this week and have been potted up, tank was filled yesterday and 2 goldies went in today.

This will be for singled tailed goldfish only, but they must have long, even, undeformed fins.

I have a orange goldie and a white with red head one as well, as seen in the pics. Looking for 2 nice shubunkins to add as well as a longfined yellow goldfish (I can only find short finned ones in LFS). If I can get my hands on 1 x yellow-fined eel tail cattie I will add that as well.

Just waiting for the plants to fill out as they came through the post bare-rooted.

IMG_20211008_135743 - Copy (2)resize.jpg

IMG_20211008_135821 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20211008_135832 - Copy.jpg

WRWAquarium

Cool!

I can see it looking really nice once established.

A fountain or waterfall with a pump n filter would finish the look and keep the water cleaner.

qldmick

Here it is now,

IMG_20211023_150753.jpg

qldmick

Inhabitants,

IMG_20211030_140122 - Copy.jpg
Clockwise from top right,
Sunflower
Patch
red
comet
mullet
speck
(missing) shadow the black moor

WRWAquarium

Really like it mate. Happy fish too :D

EnderKing

Great pond man I can tell u did your research :)

qldmick

JustAFishServant

Lookin' good my friend! Just remember, the "rule of thumb" for slim-bodied goldfish is 50 gallons (190 litres) each so you can have 5 :)

Yellow commons/comets are my favorites but I don't believe I've seen one in 5 years...

It's looking good, just don't overstock it, keep the water clean (tannins and green water is good for goldfish, I mean in terms of water changes), feed them well since they're only babies and good luck!

qldmick

Had a visitor last night,

PB220775 - Copy.JPG

PB220789 - Copy.JPG

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • GoldieLove
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
Kaveman
  • Question