New 10 Gallon Tank Setup Advice Needed

ReaganG

Reaction score
So here is my new 10 gallon tank that I set up yesterday. I don't have all the plants yet but I didn't want to wait. Got some dwarf hair grass and a few more coming.

I'm thinking about moving my Betta from his 5 gallon and getting another betta for it. It recently had a boom of pest snails I'm fighting. Might just let them and the shrimp have the 5 gal too. Question is should I stock something else? Would putting Tones in here potentially bring the snails into this clean tank? Is that even a big deal?

IMG_20181219_170611.jpg
Also I have a sponge filter on the way. The filter in it is a quietflow 10 (but not very quiet Imo) is that overkill? Should I just do the sponge filter?

philip884551

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Nice tank I wouldn't put anything else in it as for plants deco ect your better would definitely like the upgrade if you want to keep your pest snails down get a few assassin snails

philip884551

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Also I would be careful doing water changes as you could transfer the pest snails to your new tank

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think your betta would love it. It's beautiful as is in my opinion. I also have a quiet flow 10 and it's good on it's own. That and a sponge would be over kill. You know if you bring your water level all the way up it will be a bit quieter. As far as pest snails. I love mine. They eat algae any leftovers, and dead leaves. They make tank maintenance a snap.

OP
R

ReaganG

Reaction score
Yeah as far as plants go I have 3 coming just tiny guys for foreground that will hopefully carpet the rocks some and some background plants. Definitely done with decor. Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a hopeless fight. Those snails are just in there now. Lol. An assassin and my betta would be nice. Leave the other tank for inverts.

OP
R

ReaganG

Reaction score
Dave125g said:
I think your betta would love it. It's beautiful as is in my opinion. I also have a quiet flow 10 and it's good on it's own. That and a sponge would be over kill. You know if you bring your water level all the way up it will be a bit quieter. As far as pest snails. I love mine. They eat algae any leftovers, and dead leaves. They make tank maintenance a snap.
Thank you! When designing it in my head I went a little overboard. I'll try to fit what I have coming in. We'll see if I can. Luckily the sponge filter was cheap. You can't see it but there is a big blank spot for it behind the little cave. The other plants can go back there I guess.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not to hijack your thread, but this needs more plants too lol
IMG_20181219_164720_555.jpg

imba

Well Known
Reaction score
some anubias would be nice on the right side, attached to the pot and driftwood.

I would skip the sponge filter and just stick a pre-filter sponge on the HOB intake.

It'll be a nice home for a betta, but here are other stocking ideas, that I think would look nice.

10 Rasbora Maculatas / ChilI Rasboras
10 Yellow Cherry Shrimp
OR
8 Celestial Pearl Danios
3 Amano Shrimps
OR
8 male Tiger Endlers
10 Red Cherry Shrimp

New Threads