new 10 gallon and endlers info please

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Before you put fish into your tank it needs to be cycled. Here are some good articles for you to read. Hope you enjoy them.
Endlers livebearers are great. First bit of information you have to remember is DO NOT put them with guppys because they will interbreed. I don't believe Endlers are not being gathered in the wild anymore because their habitat is being destroyed. As for stocking you are better off stocking them in trios (1 male/2 females) if you have a choice. if one on one the male tends to harasse the female.
My Endlers are in a Ph of 7.2-7.4 but can handle just about anything if acclimated slowly. Temp is also very flexible. www.endlersrus.com is a website devoted exclusively to them. great info as well as some really nice pictures are there. Welcome to FishLore!
Carol

alex5455

Reaction score
unfortunately i cant change the amount ive had to get them off ebay because i cant find any here in blackpool and they are going in a species only tank

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Let them adapt to your pH, don't try to change it with chemicals. those chemicals can be really harmful.
You're so lucky to be getting Endlers!

alex5455

Reaction score
i get these neutraliser blocks that seem to work quite well there made by supa its in the uk for people who havent heard of it they seem to work quite well keeping ph at a steady 7 for about 2 weeks and there only 75p each reatial and £3.20 for 20 to me because i work at a fish shop

alex5455

Reaction score
hi i have just got my endlers the are the red top sword variety mixed with peacock and how can i tell if a female is pregnant because they all have black spots by there tail but only 1 is fat and she is really fat the spot is by the end of what looks like a stomach

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom