New 10 Betta home

1. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

I decided to set up my ten gallon tank, so my 5 will eventually become a grow out for the baby cories. In the meantime it will be a breeding tank for my blue leopard ramhorns. Anyways, so far all thats done is i added two bags of Activflora, and filled it with water. I took the topfin 20 hob from my other tank that has a canister filter (been running both for about 1 1/2 months now so it should be fine. Ill be adding the heater tommorrow, after the murk settles and i can see what im doing. The big tank only took a few hours to settle so by morning it should be fine. [​IMG]

Ive been trying to decide between a piece of driftwood with a bunch of java fern on it, or a rock ornament for the tank. The two pieces of driftwood would take some work to make betta safe. Decisions decisons. I know, i started the thread early but i find typing it all out helps me think. So until morning, i have a murky tank lol.

2. fishingdeep Member Member

I think you are creating a nice home for plecos' LOL.

3. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

If only it wasn't 10gallons lol. Im going to have to buy a new hood as it is, the one i have for it wont fit the filter :-( even if it did id still get a new one, its got stock LEDs. Not good enough for plants. Ill figure it out eventually. I think i will have a piece of wood in there, a nice looking piece of mopani. I can soften a few of the edges and it will be fine. Have to block the back, but that shouldn't be a problem.

4. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Well i completed my mopani+javafern+ anubias piece. [​IMG]

Horrible picture, but we are still a bit cloudy. Im still deciding on what other plants are going to join them. Problem is i cant afford a new hood and the current one doesnt have good enough lights. I may have to just get a glass canopy and get a clip on or something for now.

5. Falcon JJ Member Member

That looks real nice from what I can see. I like the "natural" look, that's going to be a very happy betta.

6. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Better pictures today. Had to move Jenks into it last night, which was not the plan, but a certain two year old managed to set up the step stool to where he could reach a bottle of febreeze, then proceeded to douse his room in it. Of course he chooses to do these things when im in the bathroom. So jenks was quickly moved to the bigger tank. Yes i acclimated him :) i just didnt want him breathing in all that febreeze.

Anyways, added some more plants, moved his beloved mossball into the tank (i swear, his attitude was like night and day As soon as that mossball went in. He was grouchy as all getout. Hes already snuggled with it a few times lol. i want to put a few more background plants in but unfortunately that will have to wait until i can afford a few more. I will be adding some crypts though. And might move the dwarf sag. Suggestions are always nice :) other than i need a new hood lol. Yes i know lol. Thats next paycheck :) ok well without further ado-

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

It looks lovely, and he seems very happy :)

8. Fishy Friends Well Known Member Member

Very nice! That is so cute about him being so attached to his moss ball

9. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

He sleeps with it lol. He wraps himself around it. I did not realize how attached he was though until i saw the immediate behavior change once he saw it was back. He immediate wrapped up with it then proceeded to swim around happily lol.

10. fishingdeep Member Member

Keep us posted!!!

11. echi1 Well Known Member Member

Yes please do! Your betta is beautiful!

12. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Hes very happy in his new home. Especially with the big anubias that pokes out of the water. [​IMG]

Hes even using his betta log surprisingly enough.
    [​IMG]

The driftwood has leaked a small amount of tannins, but not so dark its unattractive. I will have a new hood on rush order on the first. Not because jenks is a jumper, so far hes not shown any interest in doing so, but because im constantly telling my 2yr old to stop petting the fish. Lol. And to stop kissing the glass when he goes "buh-bye" Ect.. Lol. Im gonna put the brakes on adding more plants, since the light situation. Hope you enjoy lol.

13. Fishboy123 Member Member

The betta looks beautiufl

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

14. WiFi Well Known Member Member

That is an extremely nice bachelor pad for your handsome guy! I think the tannin look in his tank really looks good! Really like your live plant set up!

15. WhiteWulfe Member Member

Quite the gorgeous tank!