Never had honey gourami's before. Anyone know more about them?

Breezy2013

Hi, I just set up a 20-gallon tank and got two honey gouramis. They are pretty cool little fish but are still young, small, and shy. I got them 3 days ago and they are with glowlight tetras and a bristle nose plec. The honey gourami's do come out when I feed them and they eat. What are some good things to feed these fish, and should I add more honey gourami's?

otterblue

I've never had them but I think a lot of people here have. Maybe your post was overlooked, but here's the care guide: Honey Gourami Care Guide

Tigerburp

Hi, I just set up a 20-gallon tank and got two honey gouramis. They are pretty cool little fish but are still young, small, and shy. I got them 3 days ago and they are with glowlight tetras and a bristle nose plec. The honey gourami's do come out when I feed them and they eat. What are some good things to feed these fish, and should I add more honey gourami's?
No two is enough

Breezy2013

Thanks, everyone! I am going to check out the care guide.

jinjerJOSH22

Hi and welcome to Fishlore.
2 is the minimum I would ever recommend for Honeys, more is almost always better. A 20 should be able to house 5 comfortably. As for food, insect based flake foods are a good staple with occasional live or frozen food added in.
They seem to enjoy some algae here and there.

Breezy2013

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bcsay720
Replies
Views
chromedome52
  • Question
Replies
Views
SuperSword48