Nerite Snail Question

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Jodi Holdman, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Jodi Holdman

Jodi Holdman New Member Member

I have a nerite snail in a small 10g community tank that keeps going on adventures at night. I have found him various places on the stand and in the floor. He has a small amount of damage on his shell so I'm guessing that my cat got curious on one of his outings. Anyway, he's getting out next to the HOB filter and I'm not sure how to prevent it. Could this be a food issue? There isn't much algae in this tank, if any so I was wondering if that could be a cause for wandering snails. Also, I am considering putting him in my 60g Malawi tank. There is plenty of algae in there on the rocks but I'm fearful that the labs will bother him. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. tetratetris

tetratetris Valued Member Member

Hi

It really sounds quite cute how you say it :)

You can grab some algae tablets for him.

The labs might bother him but if he has alot of good hiding places I think he will be fine (As long as you can still get food to him)

Hope this helps :)

3. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

If you bunch up some paper and block the exits temporarily, he may stop after realizing that he can't get out. That worked for my snail. I agree with TetraTetris as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice