Nerite snail with white marks?

Zephyrski

Hi all, I've noticed my nertie snail have some strange looking white marks on his body, I'm not sure if it's normal or not?

*What species is your problem related to? Nerite snail

Water Parameters

Please give as many as possible
PH 7.0
GH 60
KH 40
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Ammonia 0
Copper
TDS
Temperature 80

Your Aquarium

Size? 6 gallons
How long has this tank been set up? A month or so
Are there any other inhabitants? A betta
What is your water change schedule and%? Weekly, 50%
What do you feed and how often? I offered alage wafer and the snail didn't seem interested
Do you add any chemicals? (water conditioner, fertiliser,meds etc) Betta safe, bio booster, seachem flourish
Filtration? Sponge
Substrate? Sand

Introduction to the Tank (if applicable)

How long has the invert been in the tank? A week or so probably
How did you acclimate them? In the bag from the store

Please explain your problem with as much information as possible and include pictures if you can.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, my camera kept focusing on my Betta who doesn't believe personal space
Here's shell view with a white spot too

Attachments

• 20211201_184616.jpg
    20211201_184616.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211201_184442.jpg
    20211201_184442.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211201_184418.jpg
    20211201_184418.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211201_190111.jpg
    20211201_190111.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 8

StarGirl

What are you seeing? What are the white spots? I really dont see anything alarming myself. How long has your tank been running?

Zephyrski

What are you seeing? What are the white spots? I really dont see anything alarming myself. How long has your tank been running?
The white marks on the snails body, it kind of looks like bumps almost. There's one near the little mouth too that I didn't notice when it first got him. The white marks are mostly near the shell where the body connects. I tired to capture it, but the camera doesn't really show well.
It's been running a month and a week or so.

StarGirl

I think its fine. I dont see anything strange.

My Nerites dont usually eat fish food type things. I have seen them on some fresh veggies VERY few times in the 3 years I have had them. They mostly eat biofilm so dont clean all of your glass at the same time. Mine are always on the glass most. They like the driftwood too. Maybe try some Zucchini, spinach, or cucumber.

Zephyrski

I think its fine. I dont see anything strange.

My Nerites dont usually eat fish food type things. I have seen them on some fresh veggies VERY few times in the 3 years I have had them. They mostly eat biofilm so dont clean all of your glass at the same time. Mine are always on the glass most. They like the driftwood too. Maybe try some Zucchini, spinach, or cucumber.
Alright, perhaps I'm just overly paranoid.

I've been eyeing some driftwood at the store, so that's probably in the future for my tank. Also one wall of the tank has started some alage growth that I left, he's been sticking to that wall so hopefully he's enjoying it.

StarGirl

Yeah I only scrape my front glass myself. The Nerites keep it pretty clean.

Zephyrski

Yeah I only scrape my front glass myself. The Nerites keep it pretty clean.
It seems mine is starting to, but thanks for easing my paranoia :)

Blacksheep1

Sorry I know this is an older thread and your question was solved but I just wanted to add if you add a blanched green bean ( can also use frozen or tinned ) split in half your nerite will love it! The veggies mentioned above work well too but for some reason mine go crazy for a green bean ! And your nerite looks perfectly healthy with a lovely pattern btw

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Frogchirp
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views