Nerite snail pooping nonstop?

EdieBadedie

Hello all. I have a 5 gallon planted tank with a single betta in it. One week ago, I added one nerite snail to clean up some of the biofilm and plants. Within 24 hours, the entire bottom of the tank was just snail poop. Probably 40-50 pieces. I figured he probably ate so much the first day, it would not keep happening. It has happened every day for 5 days now. I am having to vacuum it up once a day. I have four other nerites in other tanks, they do not do this as much. I can easily move him to a larger tank, but I guess I am just worried about it happening in the other tanks (much harder to clean), or if there might be something wrong with him? Thanks in advance

TheAnglerAquarist

Could be stress could be the amount it has eaten

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Depending on how long the tank been running, the snail may have a lot more to eat than you realized.

Upvote 0

EdieBadedie

Depending on how long the tank been running, the snail may have a lot more to eat than you realized.
I'm hoping it is just this. It's been up for a little over a month now. There was very little algae but some biofilm on a larger piece of driftwood.

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

It’s probably got a lot to eat. Once it’s cleaned everything up nicely it should slow down

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
Pbrown
Replies
Views
Megaanemp