Nerite snail not normal behaviour after water change

Franko
Hi,
I have a problem with my nerite snails, I bought one of them a week ago and it has been inactive most of the time it only went up to the waterline and didn't eating(white pop), after all this time no smell and a second one bought 4 days ago, it was active until yesterday when I did a water change, now it went up at the waterline and the first one is at the bottom (I check him every morning for smell). I test the water with testers before and after I put it in the tank and everything is in parameters ( tester contains NO2, NO3, GH, KH, pH, Cl2, CO2). Maybe I should add it slower or change a smaller amount of water.
The aquarium is a no filter, no co2 25L, with natural plants and substrate, last water change was about 50% and I do it once a weak.
Thanks for any help.

AggressiveAquatics
Franko said:
Hi,
I have a problem with my nerite snails, I bought one of them a week ago and it has been inactive most of the time it only went up to the waterline and didn't eating(white pop), after all this time no smell and a second one bought 4 days ago, it was active until yesterday when I did a water change, now it went up at the waterline and the first one is at the bottom (I check him every morning for smell). I test the water with testers before and after I put it in the tank and everything is in parameters ( tester contains NO2, NO3, GH, KH, pH, Cl2, CO2). Maybe I should add it slower or change a smaller amount of water.
The aquarium is a no filter, no co2 25L, with natural plants and substrate, last water change was about 50% and I do it once a weak.
Thanks for any help.
What did the test results say? Often times snails sit at the water line if water quality isn’t good

Franko
AggressiveAquatics said:
What did the test results say? Often times snails sit at the water line if water quality isn’t good
Cl2-0, pH-7.6, KH- between 15-20(this is how it was, or very similar when I acclimatized it), GH-4-7, NO2-0, NO3-0.
I know that the strip testers are not that good but I can't afford the other ones.
Franko said:
Cl2-0, pH-7.6, KH- between 15-20(this is how it was, or very similar when I acclimatized it), GH-4-7, NO2-0, NO3-0.
I know that the strip testers are not that good but I can't afford the other ones.
CO2-11-15
Franko said:

CO2-11-15
Temperature was similar with the one in the aquarium 25°C
It has been half an hour since I moved him down from the waterline, it looks like it is hungry(since it spent this day at the waterline), will update next day if he goes back up.

Franko
UPDATE.
The second snail(5 days in the aquarium) seems to be doing better it ate last night and now is staying at the middle of the glass.
The first snail(9 days in the aquarium, no smell to this day) is still not moving much, for the past 3 or 4 days did not move at all, is it hibernating or sick?

Franko
Hello again. So I think I did an opse, I was thinking why my snails keep going up and I thought about starting to use water conditioner/treatment, but now all the algae are gone and the newest snail with has 2 weeks now still went up and I found him upside down this morning. The first snail 3 weeks old moved a little bit on the gravel. I also have some shrimps that were doing ok, but now with all the algae gone I am starting to worry for them.
On the back of the product it did not mention anything about algae.

Top Bottom