Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Nerite Snail not moving?

1. WhiteWulfe

WhiteWulfe Valued Member Member

Picked up a new Nerite snail from my LFS to add in as a second snail in my tank, however even an hour later he hasn't moved from where I set him down. He was moving (as far as I can remember) at the LFS, but he's remained in the same spot this whole time.

Is it normal for them to sometimes just chill out for a while, or is it possible something happened during transport?

2. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Hi and welcome!
    Not sure but if it hasn't moved by morning, I would think it was not alive. I have bought snails that zoom off but more often they just sort of sit for a while.

3. OP
    OP
    WhiteWulfe

My first one did exactly that - went in the tank, and about 30 seconds later was moving around. This one, even several hours later is still sadly not moving. Kind of a pity, because it's a reasonable size, and has this GORGEOUS chevron kind of pattern on it's shell..

4. OP
    OP
    WhiteWulfe

Checked this morning, hadn't moved, and has quite the smell. Pity, he was a nice looking one, but thankfully that store has a replacement policy.

Advertising