Nerite Snail Escaping

stache29

Hello,
I have 2 snails in my 10 gallon (open top) aquarium. One is a mystery snail and is living its best life, her shell is growing nicely and she is active ALL the time. The problem is with the second, Nerite Snail. He keeps escaping and my boyfriend and I keep finding him in odd places all over the room. Every time we think he is dead for sure, but that is never the case, almost like he is a land snail... Our tank is well maintained, and the water quality is definitely not the issue. So my question is, why does my snail keep escaping, and what should I do?
Thanks!

Salem

Honestly some nerites just like to get out even if your water is perfect. The only thing you can really do to stop it is to put on a lid and make sure there aren't any spaces big enough for him to get through.

Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

If I were you then I would get a lid for that tank and make sure there’s no gaps big enough for it the escape

Upvote 0

mimo91088

If you have algae growing around the rim it could be going up to eat and getting lost. Check the rim real good and wipe it down if you need to.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Sputnik
  • Question
Replies
Views
Bettybrown922
Replies
Views