Nerite Snail Eggs

JakeDfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
So I had one nerite snail that started laying eggs on a few places around the tank. I was ok with that but still wanted to have them help clean the glass and plants more from all the algae. So I got 2 more thinking no more eggs would be laid than there already were. Wrong, there are eggs all over virtually every surface in the tank and it bothers me to no end. Does anyone know a trick to stopping them from laying eggs? I think I got 1 maybe 2 more females. If there’s no way to stop them how do you remove them? When will they come off on their own? Any ideas welcome.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They are very strong eggs so i suggest living with them. I think it makes it look pretty natural. You could use a corner of a razor blade to pluck them off the surfaces they laid them on but be very careful not to break the razor or even worse cut yourself. If they are on the glass you can use an expired gift card but you will still see a tiny white ring from them. Good luck!

JakeDfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks I think I will just wait it out. They aren’t too bad I was just wondering if there was something I could put in to pop them off.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks I think I will just wait it out. They aren’t too bad I was just wondering if there was something I could put in to pop them off.
The glass and intake tubes aren't too hard to remove the eggs from its the driftwood and rocks that become difficult but they eventually soften up and you may be able to take a tweezer or even a wood skewer and pop em off. I actually miss seeing my nerite snail eggs. Everyone has their own preference i guess

LHanna61

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ya for sure. I will let them just sit there then. Thanks
If you trade in the nerites for a single mystery snail then you won't run into that issue-- I currently have eggs EVERYWHERE from my nerites and don't plan on removing them from the rocks or wood because like I said, EVERYWHERE. It's a lost battle in my opinion haha, sorry to say.

JakeDfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I might hatch a few for profit. I will try and since I have hundreds I can just try until I get it right.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom