Nerite snail eggs or some sort of fugus?

Silverleaf209

I was going to move some wood around my tank and I noticed some white specks all over the wood is this eggs or some sort of fungus or just the way the wood has gotten used to the water? I am an beginner at nerite snail egg care so if that's what it end up being any tips would be helpful!
20220807_193016.jpg
20220807_193014.jpg

StarGirl

Nerite snail eggs.....100%

Silverleaf209

StarGirl

No not in freshwater.

Silverleaf209

No not in freshwater.
Oh okay good! So what do I do to get rid of them? Just scrape them off, or is it possible to let them just stay there?

StarGirl

Just let them stay there. They are impossible to scrape off. Get used to them is the only Nerite rule....;)

Silverleaf209

Just let them stay there. They are impossible to scrape off. Get used to them is the only Nerite rule....;)
I accidently smushed one when moving the rock (Aka Impaling my nail through it).

StarGirl

Eh don't worry much about them.

Silverleaf209

Eh don't worry much about them.
Okay, is there a way to tell the gender of a snail? All the things I searched up were no use.

StarGirl

Okay, is there a way to tell the gender of a snail? All the things I searched up were no use.
If you have eggs you have a female. Do you have more than one?

Silverleaf209

If you have eggs you have a female. Do you have more than one?
I have three.

StarGirl

I have three.
Nerites are hard to sex. Idk if someone else knows a easy way. I know what mine are by just putting them in another tank and see if they lay any. But if you only have one tank......

Silverleaf209

Nerites are hard to sex. Idk if someone else knows a easy way. I know what mine are by just putting them in another tank and see if they lay any. But if you only have one tank......
Okay I will make a new thread.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kuanyin
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views