Nerite snail chilling outside water?

EdieBadedie

Hello all. I just added two nerite snails to my 55 gallon aquarium yesterday. I've never had them before, only mystery snails, so I'm not familiar with their behavior. Water conditions are 0 ammonia and nitrites, about 5 nitrates. One of them has been sitting outside the water, just above the water line almost all day. Ive hard they like to try and escape, but he just sits right at the lip. Since my water conditions are normal, and the other snail isn't doing it, is this just nerites behavior?

Hannah1064

Hello all. I just added two nerite snails to my 55 gallon aquarium yesterday. I've never had them before, only mystery snails, so I'm not familiar with their behavior. Water conditions are 0 ammonia and nitrites, about 5 nitrates. One of them has been sitting outside the water, just above the water line almost all day. Ive hard they like to try and escape, but he just sits right at the lip. Since my water conditions are normal, and the other snail isn't doing it, is this just nerites behavior?

I had three nerites in my 10 gallon and they all loved to go just above the water line and hang out. I'd say it's perfectly normal

Upvote 0

Fisch

Just make sure there is no escape route to leave the tank. Yes, otherwise they move all over the place around the water line.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Ive seen tracks on the underside of my lid before. Yes normal.

Upvote 0

Sputnik

I would check your water parameters just in case. If they are good, I think you can assume your nerites just went on walkabouts

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Bettybrown922
  • Question
Replies
Views
mimo91088
Replies
Views