Nerite snail came back to life?

Raygamerx

ok so the title is kinda a clickbait but

I THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD FOR SURE. my nerite snail was attacked by my betta yesterday and uw as sure he was dead 100% i waited 12 hours and wait for movement and he still didnt move a tiny bit. so i was like ' this guys is dead' so i pick him up put him in like a bucket of wate rjust incase he lived. and when he touched the water LITERALLH A CHUNK FELL OFF HIM AND A BIGGG BROWN SLIME came out of him. i was like ' ok this guy ks dead dead now achunk literally came off him '

but 12hours later. HES ALIVE. (i put him in a cup after that bevause i wanted to clean it off and get the shell)

my question is. **** happened. what was that slime and what was that chunk. like the slime was so much and so bad. there was like ATON of slime everywhere

nzfszr

Snails can stay still for long hours when they afraid of something.
That slime and the chunk are probably your snail's poops. I think you should not worry about it. Just keep watching if yout betta continues attacking to snail, you should seperate them.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Luckily for nerites, they generally don't present enough or very much of their actual bodies to be easily exposed to bettas. I have watched my bettas try attacking and just bounce off the shells. Mystery snails, that is a different story

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• JudeC
  • Snails
Replies
Views
carsonsgjs
Replies
Views
Tanknewbie
  • Question
Replies