Nerite Question

Danimal6

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced issues with nerites not being able to easily move across substrate? The specific substrate in question is fluval stratum and the two snails have been in the tank for two days. I'm worried their difficulty in moving may be a sign of a deeper issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I used to use eco complete a lot, and my nerites never had any trouble with it. I did have more trouble with new nerites just not making it. I did a survey here a few years ago, and it seemed that a lot of people had trouble with nerites not surviving. I think a lot of people lost about 75% of them. More recently, I bought a large group on ebay and only lost one, which is amazing.

Danimal6

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's been a few days now and they seem to be doing a bit better, I think they might have needed to get used to the new substrate is all. Thanks for the responses though

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My tank has gravel and my Zebra Nerite does fine. Actually I'm amazed he's still alive since I put him in a new tank that was cycling and had no algae. I didn't know when I got him that they are supposed to be strictly vegetarian and I figured he would starve to death. I have no idea what he has been eating for the past month but he defecates from time to time so he has to be eating something. He also looks to be a little bigger and his stripes are more defined.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom