Nerite Eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsayes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm assuming these are snail eggs? Haven't added anything else to my tank. Doesn't look like a bacteria or anything bad. Can you confirm? Also they need brackish to hatch?

bd6d51e7b7d56fb832b653c9a19e3874.jpg

2418d9b73ed86365644c62ebf2eb8cca.jpg

Alhana

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep the look like nerite snail eggs to me. Small little sesame seed looking things. You are also correct about the brackish water to hatch. I found that in my tank after a few weeks they became transparent and eventually went away. Its odd but my snail only laid them that one time and I haven't seen any since.

OP
itsayes

itsayes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yep the look like nerite snail eggs to me. Small little sesame seed looking things. You are also correct about the brackish water to hatch. I found that in my tank after a few weeks they became transparent and eventually went away. Its odd but my snail only laid them that one time and I haven't seen any since.
Awesome, thanks Alhana. Totally look like sesame seeds

Viriam Karo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow, really? Mine definitely never did XD I had to pick them off when they got out of hand. I kind of liked them, they looked like little pearly decorations, but you know... they get everywhere lol

Alhana

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow, really? Mine definitely never did XD I had to pick them off when they got out of hand. I kind of liked them, they looked like little pearly decorations, but you know... they get everywhere lol
Yeah they just kind of slowly dissolved off things. This was before I had live plants or any really natural decorations. I thought it was weird too though cause when it happened at the store, the eggs stayed on there a long time until I picked them off. So maybe my water is weird? Its possible the fish ate at them but I only had the glo-light tetras at the time so I dont think they bothered the eggs. I also think its strange that it only happened that one time. Maybe all my snails are girls and just that first time one was egg bound?

Awesome, thanks Alhana. Totally look like sesame seeds
You are welcome =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom