You guys seen this before?
    2e3a09cb6141704a6ff602d25566945d.jpg

2. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

tommywantfishy Well Known Member Member

3. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Haha I have seen that before! Another member posted something similar a month ago or so, her's was literally white because it was so thick in eggs

It's not a problem; they'll eventually deteriorate cuz there's no salt. Lol. Your snail probably doesn't even realize it's there :p

4. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, they bedazzle each others shells. :eek: Mine used to do that to my mystery snail :D

nerite markings on ms.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

They have like a 1 yr life expectancy ha. I have had mine for 1.5 yrs. Got all 5 at Petco. Just so weird. They do the cha cha all the time. Lol.

6. Junne

I have 3 nerites that are almost 7 years old! They are my oldest ones, with others ranging in 2 years to 4 years.

7. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

Omg. Bedazzle. That is epic. Literally LOL.

Well good to know. Mine are doing great and are huge. I must of searched and found a dumb page. Just wanting to watch out for a fat snail ammonia bomb.

8. Junne

They DO eventually stop laying eggs. At least mine have after a few years. I used to have all of my decor and tank covered in eggs by these 3 old ones I have - they haven't laid any eggs ( that I have seen ) in at least 3 years ( I know because I switched tanks and the tank is 3 years old )

9. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Usually i only see a few eggs on mine

10. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

Never seen mine that covered.

11. S

Stephen Hiatt Well Known Member Member

Do you have other nerites in the tank? They tend to lay eggs where ever they go, regardless of if it's the side of the tank, a plant, or even another snail.

12. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

4 others. 5 total 29g. They lika do da cha cha. Eggs are all good. Just never seen one covered in them.

13. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

You've an artist in your tank.