Neptune Heater? Anyone heard of it?

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by e_watson09, Apr 5, 2010.

1. e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

Okay well since my 50 gallons heater went crazy and broke on me I have been looking for a new one and the one I want from the LFS doesn't ever seem to have it in stock....ever. I don't know why. But I really want to get that heater just because it's what I have on my other tank as well.

So I have my 29 gallon that I plan to set up to breed convicts or kribs and well I went to clean it out and found a heater in it (I thought I had taken the heater off it already or else I would have looked). The brand is Neptune and its a 200W heater. Does anyone know about the duriability of the brand? The 29 gallon use to be a saltwater tank so I'm guessing it's a nicer heater but I have no idea I've never heard of the brand.

Is there a good way to test it to make sure I don't shock my fish or something crazy?

2. e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

I figured it out, for anyone wondering it's a submersable heater for marine or freshwater. Made for a 50 gallon tank, so why it was on my 29 is beyond me. But it's not a too terrible heater, I'm going to put it in at some point tonight