Neptune Heater? Anyone heard of it?

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by e_watson09, Apr 5, 2010.

1. e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

Okay well since my 50 gallons heater went crazy and broke on me I have been looking for a new one and the one I want from the LFS doesn't ever seem to have it in stock....ever. I don't know why. But I really want to get that heater just because it's what I have on my other tank as well.

So I have my 29 gallon that I plan to set up to breed convicts or kribs and well I went to clean it out and found a heater in it (I thought I had taken the heater off it already or else I would have looked). The brand is Neptune and its a 200W heater. Does anyone know about the duriability of the brand? The 29 gallon use to be a saltwater tank so I'm guessing it's a nicer heater but I have no idea I've never heard of the brand.

Is there a good way to test it to make sure I don't shock my fish or something crazy?

2. e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

I figured it out, for anyone wondering it's a submersable heater for marine or freshwater. Made for a 50 gallon tank, so why it was on my 29 is beyond me. But it's not a too terrible heater, I'm going to put it in at some point tonight

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice