Neoplex or Kanaplex for popeye?

Fishgirl6

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My Betta has severe popeye and I wanted to know what is better for treatment; Neoplex or Kanaplex? He also has a wound on his forehead and white stuff on his gills.

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do you have a picture of him? I’m not too experienced with medication, but Kanaplex says on the packaging that it treats popeye so I guess you could go with that one.

OP
Fishgirl6

Fishgirl6

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
julkosi17 said:
Do you have a picture of him? I’m not too experienced with medication, but Kanaplex says on the packaging that it treats popeye so I guess you could go with that one.
Hi, thanks for trying to help but I just figured out that I can`t get Neoplex or Kanaplex in Canada.

Attachments

AvalancheDave

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Finding a vet is really your only hope. Even in the US the chances of treating this successfully w/o a vet are basically zero.

OP
Fishgirl6

Fishgirl6

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AvalancheDave said:
Finding a vet is really your only hope. Even in the US the chances of treating this successfully w/o a vet are basically zero.
Hi, thanks for helping. Sorry for asking I am new in the hobby but how would I find a vet?

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don’t know much about popeye, but here’s a website that can help you: Popeye - Bettaboxx

Popeye is usually treatable without a vet I think, unless there’s a secondary infection or something. The white fuzz on his gills most likely columnaris and so is the spot on his head. He probably has popeye because of columnaris.

Do you have any other fish in the tank? Columnaris is highly contagious, so you want to take him out as soon as possible. I would set up a hospital tank for your betta and treat him there. I think the most common way to treat columnaris is to use aquarium salt, and furan 2, as well as lowering your tank temperature (I think to 75-77°F).

OP
Fishgirl6

Fishgirl6

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
julkosi17 said:
I don’t know much about popeye, but here’s a website that can help you: Popeye - Bettaboxx

Popeye is usually treatable without a vet I think, unless there’s a secondary infection or something. The white fuzz on his gills most likely columnaris and so is the spot on his head. He probably has popeye because of columnaris.

Do you have any other fish in the tank? Columnaris is highly contagious, so you want to take him out as soon as possible. I would set up a hospital tank for your betta and treat him there. I think the most common way to treat columnaris is to use aquarium salt, and furan 2, as well as lowering your tank temperature (I think to 75-77°F).
Thank you that was super helpful.

New Threads