Neon tetras's

Kunsthure

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You could exchange one platy instead of returning it. There are four male platys and three female mollies in my daughter's tank and they all get along. There are the occasional chases but that's normal. It really helps to have a lot of plants and decorations so they have hiding places.

-Lisa

Elodea

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm not going to start an argument here, but...

Just because one person does one thing doesn't mean it's right (I'm not saying that you're wrong, Peacemaker, your tank is fine). Peacemaker's tank is larger, it's not really a bioload problem, but a swim space. For tiny fish like neons, a one gallon difference is actually pretty big. To reinforce my point...

Look at my 10 gallon tank. It's bad. Really bad. All the fish, though possible compatible, grow too large for the tank. It's overstocked, the quantity is all wrong, and all that. Does that mean that you can still stock your tank like mine? I hope not. My tank is problematic, but it'll have to stay that way, because currently no one's going to take my fish, so rehoming's not an option.

I just think that neon tetras don't belong in a 5 gallon tank. Why not make it a beautiful invert tank? I'm sure there's a massive assortment of gorgeous snails and shrimp that will be perfectly happy in your tank. The possibilities are endless...huge, spiral-shelled Tylomelania snails, brightly colored nerite snails (including the horned nerite, a little snail with long needles on its shell), the transparent ghost shrimp, bright red cherry shrimp, striped tiger shrimp...

Elodea

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
There's always Aquabid. And here's one of our wonderful members selling rare inverts from her new fish store (at great prices, too):

Kunsthure

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I thoroughly endorse Harpua. I'd buy my inverts from her in a heartbeat if I had a cycled tank in which to put them. I hope she still has some left by the time my 5 gallon is ready.

-Lisa

New Threads