Neon Tetras

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Tix, Apr 10, 2017.

1. T

Tix New Member Member

i have 50 neon tetras, brought them from 3 different places, if i just let them free-swim in the tank, will they start breeding?

2. Zerologist

Zerologist Well Known Member Member

What tank size are they all in?

If you want some info on how to breed neon tetras...

3. OP
    OP
    T

Tix New Member Member

they are in a 75g tank. I read the link, but it is too much of work. just wondering if they will produce offspring in school size on their own if the temp. and water condition and provided.

4. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Of course in the right environment they will breed.

5. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Please stop recommending that link, it is so inaccurate that it virtually guarantees that those who follow it will never succeed at breeding Neons. I have outlined the problems with it a couple of times in other threads, it takes a lot of time because there are so many errors.

I would say that they will spawn if the water parameters are met, i.e., temperature/pH/hardness, and if fed well with live food. If there is a lot of bushy live plants, it is remotely possible that a few fry might survive. However, I don't think the school would be able to maintain itself by in tank breeding. Over time it would likely shrink, but whether or not it might find a balance point, I don't know.

6. Zerologist

Zerologist Well Known Member Member

Okay then, I'll stop recommending it to others.. :) Thanks though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice