Neon Tetras

Tix

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have 50 neon tetras, brought them from 3 different places, if I just let them free-swI'm in the tank, will they start breeding?

OP
T

Tix

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
they are in a 75 gallon tank. I read the link, but it is too much of work. just wondering if they will produce offspring in school size on their own if the temp. and water condition and provided.

MaddieTaylah

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Tix said:
they are in a 75 gallon tank. I read the link, but it is too much of work. just wondering if they will produce offspring in school size on their own if the temp. and water condition and provided.
Of course in the right environment they will breed.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please stop recommending that link, it is so inaccurate that it virtually guarantees that those who follow it will never succeed at breeding Neons. I have outlined the problems with it a couple of times in other threads, it takes a lot of time because there are so many errors.

I would say that they will spawn if the water parameters are met, i.e., temperature/pH/hardness, and if fed well with live food. If there is a lot of bushy live plants, it is remotely possible that a few fry might survive. However, I don't think the school would be able to maintain itself by in tank breeding. Over time it would likely shrink, but whether or not it might find a balance point, I don't know.

Zerologist

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
chromedome52 said:
Please stop recommending that link, it is so inaccurate that it virtually guarantees that those who follow it will never succeed at breeding Neons. I have outlined the problems with it a couple of times in other threads, it takes a lot of time because there are so many errors.

I would say that they will spawn if the water parameters are met, i.e., temperature/pH/hardness, and if fed well with live food. If there is a lot of bushy live plants, it is remotely possible that a few fry might survive. However, I don't think the school would be able to maintain itself by in tank breeding. Over time it would likely shrink, but whether or not it might find a balance point, I don't know.
Okay then, I'll stop recommending it to others.. Thanks though!

New Threads