Neon Tetras Not Eating

Discussion in 'Neon Tetra' started by livrich, Apr 11, 2017.

1. livrich

livrich New Member Member

I recently got a school of 9 Neon Tetras to go with my 2 quarter-sized Angelfish. In the past few weeks, the Angels have started to become more aggressive at feeding time and constantly wait near the surface until they see my hand. The Tetras all stay on the other side of the tank, with the filter (the Angels don't prefer the current) so they rarely come out to the surface. What is the best way I could feed the Tetras? Every time I put some food on the other side of the tank for the Neons, the Angelfish dart over there and eat the food. It has been a couple days... I need some recommendations for feeding Neons!

2. w

wem21 Well Known Member Member

Do you have a small plastic lid of some sort? You can try to block the angel fish in a corner at feeding time.

3. OP
    OP
    livrich

Do you think it might work if I buy a cheap tank divider just for feeding time? Or would that stress the fish too much?

4. w

wem21 Well Known Member Member

Yeah, that might work, same theory as my plastic lid solution.

5. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I would feed in two places. So put some food at one end of the tank and some more food at the other end of the tank.

Keep in mind that the angelfish may eat the neons when it is full grown.
    Neons need cooler water than the angel

6. OP
    OP
    livrich

That's a good idea. I tried it- I gave the angels bloodworms on one side, and fed the Tetras on the other side. Success! They love bloodworms

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice