neon tetras and discus

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by ILikeFishies, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ILikeFishies

ILikeFishiesValued MemberMember

Ok, i was just watching some random persons discus fish tank on youtube, when i noticed that there were neon tetras in them! either it was neon tetras or cardinals, but im very sure its either one of em. So then, i was just watching and man those discus were biiiig. So im wondering now, why didnt the discus eat the neon tetra?

2. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

How far down the body did the stripes go? I really don't think they were neons.

3. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Cardinals are popular choices to go with discus, because they like warmer water. Neons like cooler water.

4. OP
    OP
    ILikeFishies

well from a closer look at the video again, looks more like cardinal tetras to me :eek: but arent they pretty much the same as neon tetras o.o?
    here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEzUItVzMFk

discus wont eat smaller fish o.o?

5. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

They are very similar, yes, but different enough to prefer different water parameters.

6. OP
    OP
    ILikeFishies

so what about the discus? they're quite big, im surprised they didnt eat the tetras

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice