Neon Tetra

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
There are a few issues here but let's deal with one thing at a time. Could you post a picture of the neon in question?

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It also looks like fin nipping, not fin rot. Fin nipping would likely be from the betta.

Potato head

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi. There are white dots on his eyes, and i thought it was fin rot because it can be seen on two tetras, and there is a white area. Also do you think that if it is fin nipping then I cant put amanos with it thanks.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It could be fin nipping, though not sure about the cloudy eyes since the water quality isn't bad. Amanos should be fine with them, they shouldn't bother the neons at all. The tank is a bit too small for neons though.

Potato head

Valued Member
Reaction score
So the eyes arent an issue, im sorry but im paranoid they are like little dots on top of the eyes. My tank was just cycled, so there was an ammonia spike when i added the fish (gradually)

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The betta should be fine (male or female doesn't matter, both can be equally aggressive), though some bettas don't seem to like any shrimp, so just keep an eye on them.

Large and frequent water changes and moving them to a 20+ gal tank.

Potato head

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks how long should i carry on the frequent water changes for (i will obviously do the 1 a week)

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It wouldn't hurt to do a few extra for the next few weeks to help him heal. You could do 4-5 water changes of 30-50% per week (small tanks make water changes easy!) for the next few week.

Potato head

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks After that can i put the betta back in, as she is in a v. tempory tank with very high flow, which is 15l

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's a little too low for the betta. I would keep the betta around 26 - 27 C (but that's too high for the neons). I'd keep the betta in this tank, increase the temp to 26-27 C, and get a 20 gal for the neons (keeping it 23-24 C).

Potato head

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks btw I think my betta has fin rot on her side fins, so im giving her 1/2 doses of melafix. Does anyone know about the eyes

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom