Neon Tetra with possible "Fungus" not curable

1. bluzman59 Initiate Member

Hello, I have Neon Tetra in a tank with with other fish in the tank. The water quality is NO3 = 120, NO2=0, pH=7.5, KH=40, GH= 120, Temp=25c
    Neon Tetras have what looks like a Cotton Wool Fungus on their fins, only. The other fish have no signs of any disease. The fish are active and swimming normal.

I first treated with Interpet Anti Fungus and Finrot and no change or effect on the disease after 7 days, on the 8th day I tried treating with Waterlife White Spot and Fungus for the full 6 days as required.

Nothing has corrected the issue, one tetra has died and the other still has the fungus on its fins. Please see the picture
    Has anyone seen this or have any ideas what it is or how to treat it??

Any help is useful,Thank you!

Bluzman

[​IMG]

2. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Is it sooo terrible as te pic looks like ? Pic is quite blurry.

3. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What's your ammonia level?

The nitrates are quite high and aren't helping the problem. How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?

Do you have a quarantine tank you can move them to for treatment? I'd try a stronger med.

4. bluzman59 Initiate Member

I don't have a quarantine tank, what meds do you recommend. Unfortunately, the one photographed has died. The other one (I only had two at this point and want to repopulate but need to clear up this issue first) has a similar lump on the lower anal fin, and is not clearing up. I am unsure of ammonia levels and changed 1/3 tank before treating. Now that the Waterlife White Spot and Fungus has been treated, I will change another 1/3 tank. Still, nothing seems to clear up the problem! I have removed the charcoal from the internal filter, using only foam and floss. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!