Neon Tetra Tank Recommendations

YATT
Just went to LFS. They were very helpful. Looked at some fish and like everyone else it seems, Neon Tetra's are cool. Like the schooling look to a tank. Guess I'd rather have lots of small than a few big. I also liked the look of the Endler's Livebearer as well. They are 3x the price though and worried I'd kill 'em.

So, I think I'm going to go for a bigger tank. I have the room and the funds, so it should be easier.
What size should I get for these smaller fish? I think 20 long would be good. I guess I need to get a stand also. I was gonna use a tempered glass side table I had for the 10gal, but now that I'm doubling up on 20gal, I need a stand I think.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

BottomDweller
20 gallons minimum for neons. Endlers need 5 gallons minimum.
With either of these fish you could add some cories.

JacobsFish
20 gallons minimum for neons. Endlers need 5 gallons minimum.
With either of these fish you could add some cories.
No, neons only need 5 gallons.

But I would suggest a tank that has been cycling for at least 6 weeks. Neons prefer a more established tank.

Discus-Tang
Uhhh, no. They're an active schooling fish.

YATT
Thanks guys. I’m looking king for recommendations for a 20gal long tank and stand. Any ideas where I can look?

Discus-Tang
Petsmart & petco?

JamieXPXP
I would look at your local fish/petstores or even look online. all tanks are built similarly so brand doesn't matter unless your going with a kit that comes with a built in filter (which I personally don't reccommend)

Nickguy5467
Thanks guys. I’m looking king for recommendations for a 20gal long tank and stand. Any ideas where I can look?
petco just had another dollar per gallon sale for tanks up to 40. but they should have another one soon I hope. I forgot to buy a quarantine tank T_T

Aquilist

But I would suggest a tank that has been cycling for at least 6 weeks. Neons prefer a more established tank.
Nope. They're active schooling fish. If you have any neons in a five gallon get them out asap.

JacobsFish
Nope. They're active schooling fish. If you have any neons in a five gallon get them out asap.
Didn't know that. thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
SparkyJones
  • Question
Replies
Views