Neon Tetra Parameters

tuggythetugboat

Hello, I'm planning on picking up some neon tetras for my 7 Gallon tank. Since they are a schooling fish, would around 6 be good. I'm planning on adding 2-3 Otocinclus aswell. My water stays around 68-70 degrees and my PH goes from 6.6 - 7.4 since I have CO2. Any suggestions?

AggressiveAquatics

7 gallons is to small unfortunately they need 20 minimum

Upvote 0

Fisch

My only suggestion would be a heater that can keep the temp a bit higher above borderline, and exchange the Otocynclus with Nerite snails. Otos like company, snails don't care. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

tuggythetugboat

My only suggestion would be a heater that can keep the temp a bit higher above borderline, and exchange the Otocynclus with Nerite snails. Otos like company, snails don't care. Just a thought.
Okay thank you I'll have to find a nano heater and think about adding some snails instead.
Do they really need a heater if my tank is a constant 68-72 even during cold days. I know that in their natural environment they can sustain cold winters where the average temperature stays much lower than this.

Upvote 0

Cherryshrimp420

Unfortunately tank is way too small for school of neons

Upvote 0

tuggythetugboat

Unfortunately tank is way too small for school of neons
Oh really, I've seen many other planted nano aquascapes with them. I guess I'll have to look into another fish. Thank you

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Redshark1
  • Question
100 Gallon Tank Bloated neon tetra
Replies
Views
A201
  • Question