Help Neon Tetra Odd behavior

MegtheDog

Reaction score
In my 10 gallon aquarium there are three Neon Tetras and one Dwarf Gurami. Over previous days I have noticed one Neon Tetra had a lump the size of a little snail shell in his stomach. This morning I notice another Tetra with two lumps in his stomach, larger than the other neon tetra's lump. I believe that there is a parasite doing something to their brains since a similar thing happened to my guppy, and she died a week ago after getting snails stuck in her digestive track. The water is doing fine, there are plants in the aquarium, the aquarium has a filter and I don't know what this is! Please help, I fear that the other fish may get this weird brain thing and get them killed to.

OP
MegtheDog

MegtheDog

Reaction score
Blueberrybetta said:
what are your exact water parameters? did you add in any plants/fish you didnt QT recently? it would also help if you could provide some pictures.
I haven't been able to figure out the picture/video situation, but yes/no? My guppy was being quarantined in a separate tank with her babies. It had recently had mosquito fish in it and I forgot to do the necessary steps to sterilizing the tank because the mosquito fish were in there quarantining. They had been in there 3 weeks and must of had a parasite that transferred to my guppy and then to the tetras after I moved her back. If I figure out the pictures I will post them.

dlboge

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
"Lumps" can be caused by neon tetra disease. Any white patches, down turned tail, refusing to school, crook in the blue line??? Neons are not an easy fish to keep. They need groups of at least six with very bacteria free water.

New Threads