Neon Tetra Left Fin Looks Snapped And White

Discussion in 'Neon Tetra' started by sunyx1223, Jun 18, 2019.

1. sunyx1223New MemberMember

Hi I have 6 neon tetras in a 29-gallon tank. I noticed one of them has the left fin looking like snapped to the side and white. It can still move that 'broken' fin and it swims well and eats well. No sign of discomfort from that fish. Any idea how this happened? Should I be worried and take some actions? upload_2019-6-18_13-56-13.png
    upload_2019-6-18_13-56-23.png
    upload_2019-6-18_13-56-31.png

2. PeteSteversWell Known MemberMember

How long have these fish been in your tank? Could it have been injured when they caught him at the pet store? Are there other fish in your tank that may have chased it or attacked it? Not sure if there's much you can do at this point.

3. sunyx1223New MemberMember

They've been here for 2 weeks. I didn't notice anything like that before. Others fish are guppies, lamp eye tetras, danio, cory cat, and otocinclus. Does that look like just an injury or some disease?

4. PeteSteversWell Known MemberMember

I've never seen any type of disease that would do that. I'd keep an eye on all of them just to be sure but, I think it just got injured somehow. Hopefully, it'll be fine since it sounds like he\she is eating and getting around okay. Can't believe any of the fish you mentioned would really be aggressive enough to cause the injury. Anything is possible though.

5. sunyx1223New MemberMember

Ok, I will keep an eye on them. Thank you!