Neon Tetra Fin And Mouth Rot

Xxdranenxxx

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My neon tetras have developed fin rot and now this morning I notice white on one of their mouth. My water was cycled prior to putting them in and parameters are ph 7.4, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 10. I do weekly 20% water changes. I have them in a 55 gallon tank along with 4 angel fish, 6 kuhli loaches, 3 albino pleco. I'm wondering what can I use to clear this up without harming the other fish in particular the loaches. I do not have access to a quarantine tank at this time.

I'm in the process of escaping a planted 45 gallon I was going to put the tetras in but that wont nbe ready anytime soon
20180715090416s.jpg
1531830573505.jpg

Hatchet5467

Reaction score
It sounds like your fish are definitely suffering from fin rot, and the white growth is a type of fungus. This is a sign of poor water quality. You need to up your water changes and do several deep gravel vacs. Treat the tank with Melafix and Pimafix and continue doing numerous 25-30% water changes every 2-3 days until it clears up.

Xxdranenxxx

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It sounds like your fish are definitely suffering from fin rot, and the white growth is a type of fungus. This is a sign of poor water quality. You need to up your water changes and do several deep gravel vacs. Treat the tank with Melafix and Pimafix and continue doing numerous 25-30% water changes every 2-3 days until it clears up.
I have sand which was just put in there a week prior to this starting. I keep the sand cleaned and have been doing 25% changes daily since noticing this 3 days ago

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom