Neon Tetra Disease?

  • Thread starter

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,741
Reaction score
2,468
Points
448
Experience
2 years
I have a danio with a tail that is drooping and some sort of wound that formed on its side about a few days ago. Could it be neon tetra disease? Should I euthanize it? It seems that it has some trouble swimming. Picture below.
b77eb8ce624effc9685c256b7fce9be7.jpg
 

A201

Well Known Member
Messages
3,131
Reaction score
2,402
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
My initial thought wouldn't be NTD. Some type of a common bacterial infection seems more likely. Either way there is little chance of recovery and IMO it's best to remove the fish asap as to avoid spreading the illness.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,741
Reaction score
2,468
Points
448
Experience
2 years
A201 said:
My initial thought wouldn't be NTD. Some type of a common bacterial infection seems more likely. Either way there is little chance of recovery and IMO it's best to remove the fish asap as to avoid spreading the illness.
Should I euthanize it?
 

SM1199

Well Known Member
Messages
959
Reaction score
752
Points
128
Experience
2 years
I wouldn't rule out broken back, especially if it doesn't seem to be able to use its back half that efficiently. Could have something to do with that wound. Whether it's a disease or injury, I would remove it from the tank and it's ultimately your decision as to what you do about it. If it gets worse over the next couple days, or is not getting better within a week, then I would advise euthanizing.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,741
Reaction score
2,468
Points
448
Experience
2 years
SM1199 said:
I wouldn't rule out broken back, especially if it doesn't seem to be able to use its back half that efficiently. Could have something to do with that wound. Whether it's a disease or injury, I would remove it from the tank and it's ultimately your decision as to what you do about it. If it gets worse over the next couple days, or is not getting better within a week, then I would advise euthanizing.
Thanks for the reply!
I'm in the process of filling up a hospital tank. It doesn't seem to want to eat.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom