Neon Tetra Disease?

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My initial thought wouldn't be NTD. Some type of a common bacterial infection seems more likely. Either way there is little chance of recovery and IMO it's best to remove the fish asap as to avoid spreading the illness.

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My initial thought wouldn't be NTD. Some type of a common bacterial infection seems more likely. Either way there is little chance of recovery and IMO it's best to remove the fish asap as to avoid spreading the illness.
Should I euthanize it?

SM1199

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I wouldn't rule out broken back, especially if it doesn't seem to be able to use its back half that efficiently. Could have something to do with that wound. Whether it's a disease or injury, I would remove it from the tank and it's ultimately your decision as to what you do about it. If it gets worse over the next couple days, or is not getting better within a week, then I would advise euthanizing.

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I wouldn't rule out broken back, especially if it doesn't seem to be able to use its back half that efficiently. Could have something to do with that wound. Whether it's a disease or injury, I would remove it from the tank and it's ultimately your decision as to what you do about it. If it gets worse over the next couple days, or is not getting better within a week, then I would advise euthanizing.
Thanks for the reply!
I'm in the process of filling up a hospital tank. It doesn't seem to want to eat.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom