Neon Tetra Disease

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by nap83, Apr 16, 2006.

1. nap83New MemberMember

I have a 75g tank and I think 3 of my fish has diseases.

one of the Neon Tetras seem to be deteriorating, pale in color and just looks horrible, refuses to eat and what not. is this the Neon Tetra Disease?

another Neon Tetra looks like it's extremely bloated, maybe just pregnant but also might be infected with some sort of bacteria or something.

the last one is my wild caught adult female Sterbai Cory, she's the only one that has her skin getting "peeled" off. it's on the top of her head and the tip of her nose. they made their home underneath the heater so this might be the culprit, burning her and such. it just looks like she's balding, her nose is white and so is the top of her forehead.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

It does sound like Neon Tetra disease.
    The rest sounds like a water quality issue. Please test your water and post the Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate readings. Then do a huge water change.
    keep us posted.
    CArol

3. nap83New MemberMember

my water params are fine, actually perfect.

the residents of this tank are SAE, Angels, German Blue Rams, Rummy Nose Tetras, Neons, Cories, Pristellas, Lamp Eyes, Otos, Cardinals & Lemon Tetras in a densely planted space so as you can see i keep the tank in healthy condition due to the delicate fish in the tank. the funny thing is that the Neons are the only one i bought from a non-reputable dealer, the Sterbai, i just don't know. the males look great, only the female has this.

4. nap83New MemberMember

i also do 40% water changes weekly and 20% weekly too since I dose liquid ferts in the tank, Flourish, Excel, Iron. I also have Co2. the tank's in good shape. i got rid of the Neon Tetra with the disease, seems like they were ostracizing the fella. they kept on harassing him, a good sign that he has the disease.

the catfish mystery still remains.

5. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

It is truly a mystery. I would quarentine the cory if you haven't alread.
    Carol

6. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Ya and if any other neons start showing signs of ntd get rid of them ASAP or it will spread and you won't have any neons left.

Austin

7. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Sorry to bug you, but what do you mean by perfect? Like what are the readings?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice