Neon Tetra disease? Or tough case of ich?

jjfish

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 20 gallon long with 7 neons, a bumble goby, and a betta. ive had this group of neons for a about 6-7 months now but one of them has always seemed off. his body is looks skinny but in a wavy disproportionate kinda way. about 4-5 months ago they got ich so I quarantined the neons in a 5 gallon and treated with ich x and maracyn. After about a week everyone seemed to be doing better, even the weird one. So, about 2 months ago I moved them back to my 20 gallon main and now recently about 3-4 days ago THAT one fish had ich and torn fins. and I see him nip at the other neons. I also noticed that another 2 neons had spots too.
So for about 4 days now ive been doing water changed and keeping the temp at about 84-86F. after about 2 water changed in the past 4 days all the neons except THAT one has spots. should I take that one out and treat with maracyn and ich in a 5g? or just keep doing the water change/high temp thing for about a week?

I know Its kind of a weird situation but I think that neon maybe has neon tetra disease? If that is true is he going to only cause problems?

AZL

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Do you have any pics? It's more likely the ich has returned as NTD presents differently although that may be going on with the oddly shaped one.

New Threads