Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Crystal Red Shrimp

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Chinese Algae eaters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Timboneio

Reaction score
So I have a 10 gallon tank with 6 neon tetras, 3 cherry shrimp, and 3 snails. I am thinking about breeding fish or shrimp soon, so how can breed my tetras? They all have bright, beautiful colors, and all are several months to a few years old. They have never bred, and don’t seem like they want to, despite my ideal water conditions. Please tell me how I can get them to breed, and what I can get for them. I also may breed CRS, RCS, and Chinese Algae eaters. Thx!

Wobbegong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Neon tetras are pretty difficult to breed. The shrimps should be way easier, If you are looking for a fish that is easy breed you should try platies and guppies, it is hard to get them to not breed. A chinese algae eater does not belong is a 10 gallon, they get pretty big, a 30 gallon is better. If you are still going to try to breed the neons I would suggest lowering the PH and dimming the lights.

Timboneio

Reaction score
Thx, this is my first time breeding. I am thinking maybe doing cherries until I can afford some decent crystals, and maybe guppies. guppies do sound good, since my local pet store is always on low supply. I’ll keep this thread updated (I am currently planting my tank)

Timboneio

Reaction score
I continued researching and have narrowed down to 3 options. Fancy Guppies (my local pet store never has any so I thought I could make some money), my cherry shrimp, and swordtails! Any ideas on which to do?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom