Neon Green Rasboras Or Cardinal Tetras

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Sxusie, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Sxusie

Sxusie Valued Member Member

I love neon green rasboras and cardinal tetras because they are small, they school and have amazing colours. But which is easier to look after? I have a 19 gallon aquarium that is about 55 *40 * 40 cm that I am planning to have a single species in. I would quite like to have a go at breading. I will be away for the most of the summer so I will have to tell by brother who doesnt really want to look after fish how to care for them so they can't be too dificult. Are either of these fish ok? any other suggestions?

2. Jenoli42

Jenoli42 Well Known Member Member

given we just had 4/9 cardinal tetras die randomly in quarantine, go with the Rasbora imo. but others may have better information based less on recent emotion lolz :)

3. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

M. kubotai stay around .75" at max, while Cardinal get over an inch. A 20" isn't very ideal for Cardinals, even if it is wider than a regular 10. The M. kubotai would be more suitable. Cardinals also require soft & acidic water to successfully breed, as viable eggs will not hatch in hard water condition. IME, M. kubotai are easier to breed and can be bred in a normal planted FW setup.

These guys are decently hardy & ideally, I would keep them in the low 70s (fahrenheit).

4. OP
    OP
    Sxusie

Sxusie Valued Member Member

thank you, i found it really dificult to find information on these guys online :(

5. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Glad to be of help! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice