Neocardina in breeding box with fry?

Paigefav

Hello I have baby fry in a breeding net and they are growing big! I just found one of my shrimp berried!! I put her in the breeding net as well, do you think she will be okay in there and is that the best option to maximize how many babies I end up with?? What should I feed her? I have algae wafers and some shrimp pellets as well. I really want her to be happy and healthy and I hope here babies are as well!

BigManAquatics

The best option is to make sure there are plenty of hiding spots in the tank. Those fry will totally eat the shrimplets or attenpt to.

Paigefav

The best option is to make sure there are plenty of hiding spots in the tank. Those fry will totally eat the shrimplets or attenpt to.
I was thinking that but then I thought that my larger fish since there is more of them will eat more then my 6 glofish fry would if you know what I mean I have bn pleco and mystery snails, glo tetras and glo danios

BigManAquatics

Lots of hiding spots like java moss, maybe a carpeting plant, etc. That's a lot of little critters best chance of survival. Sure beats the stress caused to human and critter of a breeding box/net.

richiep

Your only causing stress to your shrimp you've taken her from her regular food source and put her in a net that has nothing, put her back in the main tank and let nature take its course or better still if you can setup a shrimp only tank, the fish you have are all predators and any shrimp as little chance of survival,

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ruud
  • Paigefav
  • Snails
Replies
Views
Paigefav
Replies
Views
River Gray