Nemo isn't eating:(

amanda jo holbrook

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Everything is good thanks for asking.. I just knew that Nemo was going to die...I think he went 8-10 days with out eating..But also the other quit beating him up so maybe that had something to do with it..

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay so you have two Clowns? What types? I thought that you just had one? Or maybe I'm confused with other posts? I'm sorry but it is hard to remember everyones needs. Please tell me what clowns that you have in the tank. Are they getting along now? How large are they?

amanda jo holbrook

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello, sorry it took so long to get back to you.. I have two clowns I bought them as a mated pair.. Then the smaller one was getting beat up..They are getting along great now.. The smaller one didn't eat for 8 days or more then finally started eating..Thank the Lord.. I have the ocellaris clowns not sure if I spelled that right.. They are about a 1 inch long the bigger one may be a little longer..

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello, sorry it took so long to get back to you.. I have two clowns I bought them as a mated pair.. Then the smaller one was getting beat up..They are getting along great now.. The smaller one didn't eat for 8 days or more then finally started eating..Thank the Lord.. I have the ocellaris clowns not sure if I spelled that right.. They are about a 1 inch long the bigger one may be a little longer..
Alright then you are good to go!!! Soon they may breed so be prepared, next will be getting another tank ready!!!

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How do I know if they are breeding? Do they eat the eggs?
It may or may not happen, depending on water quality and other factors. if it happens it happens you will never know until it does. And will not happen to a new tank just starting out. Just let mother nature take its course.

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If they're only an inch or so long it will probably take up to a year or so before they start laying eggs. They don't eat the eggs - in fact they'll attack anything that comes near the eggs. They might appear to eat them, but they are just culling the bad ones. On the other hand, they and other tankmates will eat the larvae so you have to either get the larvae out by siphoning them during the hatch or just take the rock that they lay the eggs on and put it in another tank.

Read Joyce Wilkerson's Clownfishes book if you're interested in breeding - it is more or less the bible for raising clowns from the egg stage to the store.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If they're only an inch or so long it will probably take up to a year or so before they start laying eggs. They don't eat the eggs - in fact they'll attack anything that comes near the eggs. They might appear to eat them, but they are just culling the bad ones. On the other hand, they and other tankmates will eat the larvae so you have to either get the larvae out by siphoning them during the hatch or just take the rock that they lay the eggs on and put it in another tank.

Read Joyce Wilkerson's Clownfishes book if you're interested in breeding - it is more or less the bible for raising clowns from the egg stage to the store.
Where have you been Zeeter?????????

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom