Needs advice to upgrade !

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Today I finally bought what I wanted!
So..tomorrow I will upgrade my 10 gallon to my new 29 gallon.
I got the Aqueon filter 30.
Let me ask you guys...I'm thinking to take everything from my 10 gallon(filter Aquaclear 20, plants, decoration, substrate etc...) and put it all to the 29 gallon and fill with more water (of course with prime) if I do that will be ok?

Any advices will be appreciate!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mifuluhu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've switched tanks many times....use as much water from the old tank as is doable and watch for a mini cycle especially if you add stock. Your guppies will appreciate their upgraded home

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've switched tanks many times....use as much water from the old tank as is doable and watch for a mini cycle especially if you add stock. Your guppies will appreciate their upgraded home
I'm little concerned about filling the tank...will be 20 gallon of fresh water... So... I will post after upgrade ..! Thanks

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wow..I just finished it ! From 10:20am to 1:40pm ...
Before to put the guppies to the new tank I tested the water and for my surprise there is, 0 ammonia ..0 nitrites and 5ppm nitrates ...So..sounds good so far. ..but I have one problem.. I installed the old Aquaclear 20 and the new Aqueon 30 and the water current was too strong .. ..what I did was switch off the new filter (Aqueon 30)now I have running just the AquaClear 20.. .. is a way to make the Aqueon less strong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mifuluhu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It should be fine with stronger flow. Maybe leave it off for a few days until the guppies acclimate and try it again. It will slow some once it builds up with debris. You can stick some extra floss in with the cartridge or baffle the flow. I've never done this but so a search here or google for ideas.

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It should be fine with stronger flow. Maybe leave it off for a few days until the guppies acclimate and try it again. It will slow some once it builds up with debris. You can stick some extra floss in with the cartridge or baffle the flow. I've never done this but so a search here or google for ideas.
I kept it on overnight and the Aqueon filter is too noisy! This morning I went back to the store (Petco)and return it! Just for today I having running the AquaClear 20.
I just purchased the Aquaclear 50 online at Amazon next day delivery.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom