Needle fish died leaving aquarium empty.

1. AwNuts Member Member

So my needle fish officially died last weekend. Sorry for the late post, i was away from a computer for a week.

As i was doing a routine water change in the tank that he was at, the needle fish seemed to freak out and started to bump into the glass several times. I tried to leave him alone for a bit and he continued for a second until he got exhausted. A little after he started to act funny and all of a sudden he gave up and flipped upside down. I watched for a long time hopping that he would regain strength but it was too late. the needle fish freaked out too much and pretty much killed himself. The needle fish was almost nine inches long.

so i conditioned the tank and left it prep for new additions down the road.
    Last night i stopped by an LFS and purchased new blue bulbs for the aquarium. I have the moonlight effect going on. the tank looks beautiful with all the plants and blue light effect. I hope to put some beautiful yellow fishes in there and will add pics soon.

2. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Have you continued to feed the aquarium? If you haven't you've probably lost your cycle.
    Sorry for your loss.

3. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

u'm sorry about the needlefish. :(

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'm sorry about your needlefish.

5. AwNuts Member Member

yeah i have been feeding the aquarium as i have a lil minow occupying it right now (an un eaten minow by the needle fish). Aquarium is fully operational as if it was stocked with fishes.