Need to reset best answers/solutions in threads

Mike

Hi - so it looks like the importer from the previous question/answer add-on did not import answers/solutions to threads correctly during the forum upgrade. This also erroneously gave many the "Lore in FishLore" badge because of the incorrect counts.

After looking at the issue over the weekend it looks like the best solution is to start fresh with these counts.

Plan to fix:
- Remove all "Lore in FishLore" badges awarded on the day of the upgrade and when the importer ran on 7/30 - this will allow those that earned the badge previously to keep it. I can search by datetime stamp on the badge award date.
- Reset all threads that had marked solutions (start fresh) - there is no datetime stamp on when solutions where marked in the database so starting fresh is really the only viable option here.

In order to have the up-voting on your threads you have to create the thread as a "Question". The default thread type is a "Discussion" and it does not have the voting mechanism on those thread types. See image below:

questiontypethread.JPG

AverageAquarist22

Oh, I was wondering why I randomly got the “Lore in Fishlore” badge…. Lol. Thanks for all your hard work on the updates and bugs Mike! :)

Lucy

Thanks Mike.
I wondered why some threads had that option and others didn't

Lucy

Hey everyone
Please save the solutions upvote for actual helpful, well thought out solutions.
Not pretty fish posts, not thank yous, not hellos.
This renders the solutions option useless.

Honestly after a few days of it, I wish it was not an option at all.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Ouse
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views