Need to make an offer!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm looking at this tank on Craigslist and I need to know:

1) if it's a 55 or if it's what ever the dimensions are that are listed (which actually brings it out to 150-something o_O), which i think is a typo. But it does look taller than a 55 :3

2) how much you guys would offer for it. I was thinking 100...

Here the link

Quick, quick! I need to make an offer before its gone!

oscarsbud

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Maybe it is 22" high and the 52 is a typo. Personally, if the tank and accessories are as nice as they look in the pictures I would even go as high as $200 or even $250. But it wouldn't hurt to start at $100. If they are desperate to get rid of it, they might take it. You can always go higher if you want to.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't have that much I have about $200 to get everything going, and I don't want to blow it all in one shot ( not to mention I don't currently have any of it but 40 bucks because of a debit card losing incident, so known my self a bunch of money as I get my paychecks LOL). I'd say of they really need it gone, $150 should do the trick, right? Of course, start low

My thought is maybe its a 60 gallon. Looks too tall to be 21 inches.

M0T0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Looks like a 55 or 60, id start at 100 and wouldn't go more then 175 but that's just me,

oscarsbud

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My 75 gallon is 48" long x 18" deep by 21" high. I would definitely offer them the $100 and see their reaction and go from there.

Last edited:

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'll offer $100, I think I'm also looking at a 55 full set up just-add-water with lighted hoods and wet/dry filter for only $75! I want larger if I can get it, though. Every gallon counts with the stock I want to keep LOL

Ziggi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Maybe the height is total height? (tank and stand)

I agree, $150's a good start just remember your cap if you start haggling! Good Luck!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, good point. didn't think about total height. Would make more sence. I wasn't sure where they were pulling that 52 inches from

M0T0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Funny I also got three bala sharks with my 55G off CL took me a while but I finally found them a home,

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
"3 shark type fish" included, and they're bala sharks. Whatcha gonna do with those fellas? Just curious.
I'd rehome the whole lot of fish. He's got two cichlids (the one in the pics looks like a flowerhorn, I can't see the other one). The sharks for sure would be rehomed. However, they are small and Balas don't grow fast, so they could go in the pond.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom