Need to create a little flow

Convoluted77

Hello.Im looking for a good way to create a little current in the bottom third of a planted tank.Very little really.Just enough to keep the plants waving a bit.Its a 29g and and my floater plants and taller decors absorb most of the flow.I thought about just using strategically placed airstones but I'd rather not have the tank filled with bubbles from end to end.Whats my options? Thanks in advance

MrBryan723

Well Known
Get the smallest submersible pump you can find and baffle the flow.
Remodel.
Move your filter around a bit and see if you can get better flow somewhere else. I've even placed hobs on the side of tanks that allow it.

OP
Convoluted77

Convoluted77

MrBryan723 said:
Get the smallest submersible pump you can find and baffle the flow.
Remodel.
Move your filter around a bit and see if you can get better flow somewhere else. I've even placed hobs on the side of tanks that allow it.
Thanks.Yeah maybe I'll try a tiny adjustable pump and make a little attachment for it.My hob needs to stay where it's at since its blasting down on my driftwood tree for my bamboo shrimp to filter feed on and I like the placement of my sponge filter so I'll definitely be looking to add something and not do any rearranging.

Gh05t

Circulation pumps similar to the koralia (a nano would be a good choice for you) move water in all directions instead of a jet stream...these are very effective at keeping mulm off the bottom and giving the plants good circulation.

OP
Convoluted77

Convoluted77

Gh05t said:
Circulation pumps similar to the koralia (a nano would be a good choice for you) move water in all directions instead of a jet stream...these are very effective at keeping mulm off the bottom and giving the plants good circulation.
Thanks I'll give the 240 a try as well.i can always find another use for it if it doesnt work out.Looks like what I need/want tho

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom