Need To Consolidate Tanks So Need Some Help With Stocking

1. O

Over It Well Known Member Member

I have decided 6 tanks is just too much. I don't have time to properly maintain that many tanks and it's takes away from actually being able to enjoy them.

I want to consolidate at least 2 tanks, maybe 3.

I would like to know if my plan would work or not so here goes.

I have a 20 gal high with everything to get it going. I want to add the fish and plants from my 10 gal and 5.5 gal to the 20 gal.
    In the 10 gal I have 1 male Dwarf Gourami, 8 Amano Shrimp, 5 Mystery Snails and 1 Rabbit Snail.

In the 5.5 I have 4 medium sized Mystery Snails and 5 little baby Mystery Snails.

I also want to add my Pygmy Corydoras to the 20 gal.

So the stocking would be,
    1 Dwarf Gorami
    8 Amano Shrimp
    9 Mystery Snails
    1 Rabbit Snail
    15 Pygmy Corydoras.

Would this work?

2. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

I think that would work.

3. BuddyD

BuddyD Valued Member Member

I'm not familiar with the Dwarf Gourami, but they all seem to be a peaceful bunch, so I would think you're good to go.

4. OP
    OP
    O

That would be great!

5. OP
    OP
    O

The Dwarf Gourami already lives with the snails, Shrimp and Pygmy Cory's so I'm sure they would get along., which really helps. I was worried about being overstocked and that bringing more issues than it would be solving by consolidating the 2 tanks into 1.

6. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't add any more fish though.

7. OP
    OP
    O

Absolutely not. I'm wanting to lower the amount of work I have to do and adding any more fish would be the complete opposite of that.
    I'd actually like to lower the number of snails and shrimp even more, but if they will all be fine in the 20 I'll just keep the ones I have till they pass on.