Need to adjust current stock

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by raptorsvt79, Jan 3, 2013.

1. raptorsvt79Well Known MemberMember

i want to have a nice community tank, but i know i'm overstocked..i have a 29 gallong tank......can you guys please recommend what changes i should make to my tank. i currently have three young angels, 2 bolivian rams, 1 gold ram, 2 steel blue apistos, 5 rummy nose tetras, 6 corys, 1 albino bristle nose pleco and 1 nerite snail.

2. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

What is the one species you most want to keep? Angels, bolivian ram, gold ram, apisto?

3. raptorsvt79Well Known MemberMember

angels are my favorite

4. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I think 5 dwarf cichlids is 3-4 too many for a 29. A pair would be fine. You might be able to keep 2 singles, whether they are the same species or different - it would depend on the individual fish.

As far as the angels go, seems like 3 might be too much for a 29. I think 3 plus the dwarf cichlids would surely be too much. Someone with more angel experience can advise you on that side of it.

The rest is fine though.

5. raptorsvt79Well Known MemberMember

i'm not sure what to do...i'll have to rehome at least one angel and i'm not sure which of the dwarfs to keep.

6. EthanWell Known MemberMember

well my 30g stock is 1 bn pleco, 3 panda corys, 4 mystery snails, 2 angelfish,5 rummys, 20-30 Malasyian trumpet snails and about 14 neon tetras AND a bamboo shrimp man... now i feel overstocked. i would say rehome an angel and keep the apistos get rid of the dwarfs :D. but i just like apistos...

7. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

As it is the angels you most want I recommend keeping only 2 angels. And, rehoming all your other cichlids. With the current dither fish you tank would be quite nice.

Good luck!

8. raptorsvt79Well Known MemberMember

how about just keeping the apistos, two angels , cories, tetras and the pleco...the apistos have stayed pretty small, and rehome all the rams.

9. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

That should work. See, you knew what to do all along :;hug2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice