Need To Acclimate?

1. M

MaeKay Valued Member Member

I have 2 silver hatchetfish and 10 neon tetras in my bare bottomed QT that I have been quarantining for a couple weeks since purchasing them. I'm going to give them one more week in the QT tank then move half of them into the main tank. (I shouldn't have brought that many home at once so I'm only moving half of them into the main tank at a time.)

All the water parameters, including pH, GH, temperature, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates are identical between the QT tank and the main tank. Do I need to drip acclimate them, or can I just move them over with a net?

2. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I would do a quick acclimate for them. Basically put them in a bag and add half a cup of water every 3-5 minutes for about 20 minutes. No need to do a drip acclimate as the parameters are identical. To be honest you would probably be fine just moving them with a net but better safe than sorry.

3. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

When I am in the same situation as you I do not do anything other than place them in a pitcher of water thats 50/50 from both tanks JUST to be sure for 5 min or so. But in reality thats just me being paranoid.

4. OP
    OP
    M

MaeKay Valued Member Member

Thank you!