Need Suggestion To Elevate This Double Stand

aakashsurya

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Double stand link -

I am looking to setup 2 55 gallon tanks in the double stand from above link this summer. Top would be a mbuna tank and bottom would be a peaceful community. I have a similar stand for my 10 gallons and love them for helping me to save space while enjoying more tanks. But only complaint I have with these is that the bottom tank is too low to enjoy the tank in normal angle. Really have to sit and slide down for a nicer view.

I am looking for any suggestions to elevate this stand for a better view of bottom tank. Any alternate suggestions for the stand are also welcome.

fissh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those types of stands are supposed to have the tank weight low to the floor, if you raise it, it will become very unstable and you might also have to use a step stool to service the top tank.

OP
A

aakashsurya

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Agree the tip over chance increases as it goes up.
But I am thinking here may be 2-5 inches elevation.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
fissh said:
You could always build a box to put the stand on.
^^^ but you will want that thing to be solid, there will be a lot of weight on the thing! IMO if you do use this, build it out of concrete or bricks and cover with plywood.

OP
A

aakashsurya

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
aussieJJDude said:
^^^ but you will want that thing to be solid, there will be a lot of weight on the thing! IMO if you do use this, build it out of concrete or bricks and cover with plywood.
Makes sense. Thanks.

New Threads